San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Balboa Park Hall of Champions
June 17, 1992
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:33 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Cindy Cohagen, and Joni Shirley.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of April 15.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance as of May 8 was $10,841.05 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000. Money was still owed for annual awards, but some deposits had not been credited.
- The Board discussed the San Diego Track Club News and the racing calendar. A number of complaints were made, but no action taken.
- The Board reviewed the Association Track and Field Championships. The change of date and lack of publicity resulted in a low turnout and few good performances.
- Bache reported that the Junior Olympics Track and Field Championships drew approximately 425 competitors, with about 250 qualifying for the regionals in Las Vegas. She would not hold the meet in conjunction with the Seniors Sports Festival again. The meet director for 1993 is David Dunbar, who plans a one-day meet.
- Bernard noted that five more all-comers track and field meets remain for the summer.
- G. Shirley gave a short report on the Palomar Pentathlon.
- The Board approved the President's motion for $100 for expenses for Association members participating in the Olympic Trials. Cohagen volunteered to produce a press release.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:32 p.m.