San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Balboa Park Hall of Champions
August 21, 1996
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Adam Henderson, Monique Henderson, Arnie Robinson, Joni Shirley, and Elizabeth Tate.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of June 19.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $7655.08 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- Bernard referred to the USATF Executive Report which credited Monique Henderson with victories in the Junior Olympics National Championships at 200m and 400m in record times.
- Bernard reported for Oleata concerning the National Masters Decathlon. There were 23 athletes. The normal attendance is 35.
- Robinson reported on the Association and Regional Junior Olympics meets, held at the Arco Training Center and Poway High School, respectively. The meets went well, but a few improvements could be made. He suggested that in future fees must be increased to cover security. Parking was a problem. Significant funds were spent on equipment and software. Some top marks: Henderson 24.63 (24.36 Regionals), 54.79; Felix Sanchez (age 18) 50.82 400IH.
- G. Shirley reported on National Masters Track & Field. Gerry Davidson placed well in several events; other medalists included Bud Held, Phil Fehlen, Nadine O'Connor, and Joni Shirley.
- G. Shirley advised the Board that September 5 was the last day to submit amendments to the Rules of Competition.
- The following have indicated interest in being delegates to the national convention: Bernard, A. Henderson, Robinson, G. Shirley, J. Shirley, Jim Skelly, and Tate.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:55 p.m.