San Diego USATF
Road Runner Sports
5553 Copley Drive
September 20, 2006
- President Graeme Shirley called the meeting to order at 7:09 p.m. In addition to the President, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Stephanie Bache, Thomas Bache, Paul Baumhoefner, Jay Beltz, Kettrell Berry, Andrea Cowan, Albert Dandridge, David Dunbar, Jonathon Dunbar, Paul Greer, Cathy Holl, Thom Hunt, Lillian Mahoney, Kristin Markowicz, Nancy Morris, Jennifer Nanista, Ben Nichols, Stewart Payne, Una Marie Pierce, Sharon Powell, Kimberlee Rouse, Mike Rouse, Rahn Sheffield, Joni Shirley, Jim Skelly, Peter Stern, Ken Stone, Elizabeth Tate, Randy Thompson, Marshall Varano, Monique Weaver-Conley, Wes Williams, and Frank Williamson (plus three others whose names will be added).
- The members approved the minutes of the August 16 meeting.
- Bache gave a Treasurer's report. The checking account balance is $9601.90, while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- Hunt and Greer gave an update on the Dirt Dogs Cross Country Series. The most recent event was the Aztec Invitational, with the City College Invitational at Rohr Park next on the schedule.
- Powell reported for the youth chairman that the Junior Olympics Regional Track & Field Championships were at the Home Depot Center in Carson.
- Skelly gave a brief report on officials. There was no increase in registered officials.
- G. Shirley reported that membership was 1672, just short of an all-time high for the Association.
- Hunt gave a report on the website and responded to a number of questions from the members.
- The President turned the meeting over to Jim Skelly to conduct elections.
- The Nominating Committee had received the following nominations: President, Jay Beltz; Vice President, Arnie Robinson; Secretary, Sharon Powell and Graeme Shirley; Treasurer, Lolitia Bache and Monique Weaver-Conley. Monique Weaver-Conley withdrew her name.
- In the election for President, Mike Rouse was nominated from the floor. In a secret written ballot, the Members elected Mike Rouse over Jay Beltz.
- In the election for Vice President, Jay Beltz was nominated from the floor. In a secret written ballot, the Members elected Arnie Robinson over Jay Beltz.
- In the election for Treasurer, Stewart Payne was nominated from the floor. In a secret written ballot, the Members elected Lolitia Bache over Stewart Payne.
- In the election for Secretary, in a secret written ballot, the Members elected Sharon Powell over Graeme Shirley.
- The outgoing President congratulated Mike Rouse on his election and turned the meeting over to him.
- The incoming President deferred the naming of committee chairmen.
- The incoming President deferred the naming of National Meeting delegates.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:32 p.m.