San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Balboa Park Hall of Champions
October 17, 1990
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:20 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Cindy Cohagen, Linda Gorman, and Bob Sieben.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of August 15.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $16,299.67 (reduced by $367.50 during the report) while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- The Secretary distributed the Challenge Series standings, noting that the Lions-Padres 10K and the Coronado Half-Marathon results had not been produced.
- Cohagen distributed a list of Challenge Series applicants for 1991. The Board accepted a list of races consisting of: (1) the seven San Diego Track Club races which were in the 1990 series; (2) the SDIAC Cross Country Championships; (3) the Balboa Park 8-Mile; (4) America's Finest City Half-Marathon. The consensus of the Board was that the marathon championship could be added later, but should not be announced as part of the series until there is more certainty about its future. The Board tabled Cohagen's motion to accept the Dragon Run as the 5K championship, and passed Shirley's motion to delay the decision on the 10K. The President will head a committee to decide on the final two races prior to the Annual meeting, to allow timely announcement.
- The President distributed a letter from Jeff Rigdon which told of his recent move to Alabama.
- The President announced a meeting October 30 called by Thom Hunt at the San Diego Athletic Club to attempt to coordinate the area running calendar.
- Sieben announced that the schedule of a series of all-comers track and field meets should be set by mid-January.
- The President reported on a request by Judy Stolpe for a strict requirement on sanction applications for ambulance services. The issue is national and he directed Stolpe to pursue it at that level.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:45 p.m.