San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
April 15, 1987
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:20 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Linda Gorman, Kathy Loper, Jeff Rigdon, Bill Stock, and Judy Stolpe.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of February 13.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance on March 10 was $7220.01, while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000. The checking account balance did not reflect $1200 to national for registrations, nor $650 for awards at the Fastest Masters.
- The Board discussed the possibility of instituting a newsletter, the first of which would go out with renewal notices for 1988.
- The Board approved establishing the Bob Gilmore award for outstanding non-athletic contributions to athletics.
- The Board discussed SDIAC's annual awards. At present there are six awards for the top male and female registrants among three divisions: masters, open, and juniors. In addition there are the Bill Gookin award for the winner of the men's Grand Prix, an as-yet unnamed award for the winner of the women's Grand Prix, the Bob Gilmore award for outstanding non-athletic contributions to athletics, and the Arnie Robinson award to the outstanding field event performer.
- The Board discussed establishing a Hall of Fame at the Hall of Champions. This would require filling in the years between the old AAU awards and the current SDIAC awards.
- Gorman announced that the Junior Olympics would be June 13 with the site to be determined.
- Rigdon discussed the Track and Field Officials Association clinics.
- The Board approved a motion to commend Lolitia Bache for her efforts in coordinating the 15K and 20K National Masters Road Championships.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:35 p.m.