San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Balboa Park Hall of Champions
August 21, 1991
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:25 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Cindy Cohagen, Linda Gorman, Ed Oleata, Rich Ugale, Joni Shirley, Jim Skelly, and Bill Stock.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of June 19.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $12,756.57 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- Ugale distributed results of the July 9 and July 23 all-comers track and field meets. He further distributed a letter acknowledging the support SDIAC has given track and field by supporting two athletes at the TAC Junior Nationals and underwriting the all-comers meets. The Board unanimously passed Bernard's motion to pay $800 to San Diego City College Athletics per the action of December 19, 1990 supporting the all-comers series.
- Stock noted that The Harrier ranked La Jolla High School girls cross country team number eight nationally in its pre-season poll. For once, he claims the team is overrated.
- Oleata reviewed the WAVA Masters World Track and Field Championships. The Shirleys reviewed the TAC National Masters track and field championships.
- Skelly reviewed the track and field officials season. The Officials Association has made efforts to increase the pool of officials.
- The Board discussed the TAC/USA Convention in New Orleans. Bache, Bernard, Cohagen, and the Shirleys stated interest in attending.
- J. Shirley reported on the Mission Bay 25K, which includes the 1991 National Masters Championships. The Board approved $200 from the Association to support the race. G. Shirley noted that support from the National Masters LDR Committee should encourage SDIAC to bid for other championships at the convention.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:22 p.m.