San Diego USATF
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
2820 Camino del Rio South 130
June 25, 2003
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:12 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Lillian Mahoney, George Mathews, Sharon Powell, Arnie Robinson, Joni Shirley, Tracy Sundlun, Elizabeth Tate, and Chuck Woolsey.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of April 16 by a vote of 8-1.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $9750, accounting for the Championship Track & Field meets, while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- The Board discussed the recent Men's and Women's Track and Field Championships, held at two different sites on June 7, with several suggestions as to how the meets could be improved in 2004. Results were distributed.
- The Board defeated a motion by Tate 3-6 to approve requests by five athletes resident in San Diego County to change their Association registration to other Associations.
- Mathews announced that he would be presenting awards to all the Association Masters Track and Field Champions from the June 28 meet at the Annual Awards Dinner.
- The Board discussed some possible violations of the Hy-Tek license. The Board and committee chairmen were informed of discussions with Hy-Tek concerning the proper use of the software.
- G. Shirley reviewed the Association accreditation status. The status of the Articles of Incorporation was discussed, more research is needed. The revised Bylaws have been submitted, reflecting the change in minimum voting age requirements. A financial report is required. The Association needs to send a representative to the Association workshop August 15-17 in Miami, Florida. Bernard appointed himself to attend.
- Sundlun announced that the 50K U.S. Olympic Race Walk Team Trials had been awarded to the San Diego Association, and would be conducted in Chula Vista February 15, 2004.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:17 p.m.