San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
August 15, 1985
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:13 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Linda Gorman, Kathy Loper, Bob Parkinson, Jeff Rigdon, and Bill Stock.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of June 14.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. Aside from regular accounts, $2,000, less legal fees, of former AAU money remains in an escrow account. The All-Sports office will continue to register for SDIAC, billing per registration as before. Track and Field Chairman Dixon Farmer has not yet approved the money for expenses to the TAC Championships for Laura DeSnoo and Liz Mueller.
- The Chairman reviewed the umbrella agreement of the San Diego All-Sports Association at 1135 Garnet. There will be no change in the operation of the office.
- The Board unanimously approved Stock's motion that SDIAC join the San Diego All-Sports Association. The Board appointed Ken Bernard and Graeme Shirley representatives to All-Sports.
- Linda Gorman reported on the awards to junior athletes at the Association 10K Road Championship.
- The Board unanimously approved the Chairman's motion to establish a permanent Bill Gookin Award, probably granite, with plates to the annual winners. The design of the award will be discussed in October.
- The Board unanimously approved Shirley's motion to reimburse Ken Bernard for expenses in hosting the awards dinner.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:37 p.m.