San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
Balboa Park Hall of Champions
December 18, 1991
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:15 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Linda Gorman, Ed Oleata, David Pain, Joni Shirley, and Bob Sieben.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of October 16.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $12,524.95 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- The Board discussed the Challenge Series. The discussion confirmed that the combined committee established on October 16 has the authority to set the schedule for the Challenge Series.
- The Board discussed the Awards Dinner and set February 21 as the preferred date, with February 28 the alternate.
- Pain continued the discussion, begun at the October 16 meeting by Sam Cohen and Roger Martin, of the possibility of SDIAC merging the Association Masters Track and Field Championships with the San Diego Senior Sports Festival, scheduled for May 24 and 25. Bache supported the Association conducting Masters Championships, but not at that early a date. Oleata stated that the Championships should use the TAC Rules of Competition, and that the mix of events and meets would be confusing. G. Shirley, citing a presentation by Lynn Cannon at the TAC Convention, objected to the unauthorized use of the word "Olympics" in promoting the Sports Festival. No motions were made.
- The Board unanimously approved a motion by G. Shirley to return the award of the 1993 TAC Masters 8K Road Championship to the Masters Long-Distance Running Committee to allow them to award the championship to Virginia Beach, the site of the 1992 championship.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:01 p.m.