San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
June 13, 1986
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:08 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Linda Gorman, Jeff Rigdon, Bob Sieben, Bill Stock, and Judy Stolpe.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of April 15.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance as of May 19 was $5759.05, with the net (considering outstanding checks and debts) approximately $1200. The certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- The Chairman reported that the national office seems to be implementing the new sanction procedure successfully. The forms for sanction application have been a problem, however, and he will discuss this at the national convention.
- Judy Stolpe reported that Bob Letson has resigned as certification chairman. His resignation created a crisis in course certifications within one week after he resigned. Some courses (for example, the Carlsbad 5000) have a problem with their certifications. A letter from the President will stress that race directors have the responsibility for course certification.
- The Chairman reported that the Men's Track and Field Chairman will be providing $300 from his budget for sending an athlete to the National Championships. Also, to avoid a problem with a recent NCAA rule, there will be no awards presented at the Association Track and Field Championships.
- The Board commended the President for the success of the recent Awards Dinner. After some discussion the consensus of the Board was that the number of attendees at this year's dinner was appropriate. The Board then approved having the President name a committee to designate award winners for the years between the last AAU award dinner and the recent resumption of awards.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:20 p.m.