San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Balboa Park Hall of Champions
June 19, 1996
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:40 p.m. In addition to the President, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Ed Oleata, Arnie Robinson, and Joni Shirley, who acted as Secretary.
- The Board waived the reading of the minutes of the meeting of April 17.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $2235.06 as of May 10, while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- Oleata reported that the USATF National Masters Decathlon would be July 6 and 7.
- Arnie Robinson stated that he is getting a lot of help for the Regional Junior Olympics, including Jerry MacDonald and Tom Lux. He will be entering the data into computers on June 21. He went to Los Angeles to collect entry forms. He sent 719 information pamphlets to the competitors stating rules and regulations.
- Bernard reported on the Association Masters Meet: a small turnout, with overkill on officials.
- The Board unanimously approved Bache's motion to provide a $200 donation to subsidize the all-comers meets.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:32 p.m.