San Diego USATF
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
2820 Camino del Rio South 130
August 18, 2004
- President Graeme Shirley called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Paul Greer, Lillian Mahoney, and Jim Skelly.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of July 21.
- Treasurer Lolitia Bache reported that the checking account balance was $7758.16 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- Greer reported that the Dirt Dogs cross country series will begin on August 21 with the new Bake at the Lake 4-Mile Run.
- Robinson stated that Sam Germany is no longer Region 15 Coordinator, and that Robinson would be recommending Adam Henderson as the replacement.
- G. Shirley stated that 23 association masters athletes traveled to Decatur, Illinois for the USA Masters Outdoor Track & Field Championships and won 25 individual gold medals. The San Diego Senior Olympics Track & Field events are scheduled for September 19.
- Greer stated that Thom Hunt had agreed to take the position of Masters Long Distance Running Chairman. The President, with the Board's unanimous approval, named Hunt to the position.
- Skelly noted that recertification of officials would begin after the Olympics. He also stated that eight to ten officials had covered each of the four post-Olympic Trials meets, but no qualifying marks were attained, although some were close.
- G. Shirley reported that San Diego USATF membership for 2004 continues to extend its record. Current membership is 1620 (1162 youth, 216 open, and 242 masters), almost 300 ahead of 2003 on the same date, and 200 above the full years of 2002 or 2003.
- Robinson reported on his attendance at the Associations workshop in Phoenix. Among other topics, there were sessions on how to conduct a grievance hearing, what events may be sanctioned, and what initiatives were working in other Associations.
- The President reported that the Association had been fully accredited based on 2003 statistics. San Diego met all eight required standards and eight of the nine other standards (six are required). The only standard the Association did not meet was conducting a coaching education clinic.
- The meeting adjourned at 7:49 p.m.