San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Balboa Park Hall of Champions
August 15, 1990
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:20 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Cindy Cohagen, Kevin Heaton, Ed Oleata, Patricia Oleata, Joni Shirley, Bob Sieben, and Bill Stock.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of June 20.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $16,813 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- Cohagen reported on KNSD-TV attempting to sell sponsorship of the Challenge Series Update. No progress since the last meeting, but a sponsor should be obtained within a few weeks for the 1991 series.
- Oleata reported on the Western Sectional Masters Track and Field Championship and distributed a financial statement showing a profit of $1021. The Board unanimously approved his motion to contribute $300 to the San Diego City College Track and Field fund.
- The President reported that he is still investigating the issue of presenting Challenge Series awards to youths with CIF and NCAA eligibility.
- The Board passed 3-1, with three abstentions (G. Shirley, Heaton, and Cohagen), Bernard's motion to pay for six issues in advance, vice 12, for the back cover of the San Diego Track Club News. This is to help SDTC with a cash flow problem.
- The Board passed unanimously G. Shirley's motion that SDIAC adopt a policy that accepting a monopoly on promoting a race of a particular distance or in a particular public location is considered to be detrimental to the best interests of the sport of Athletics. The President stated that he would draft a letter announcing this policy.
- J. Shirley reported on the TAC/USA National Masters Track and Field Championships, where she won the W40 1500m. Also competing were G. Shirley, Bob Holmes, Lloyd McGuire, Gerry Davison, Jim O'Neil, Earl Salisbury, and Marilla Salisbury.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:31 p.m.