San Diego USATF
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
2820 Camino del Rio South 130
March 15, 2006
- President Graeme Shirley called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. In addition to the President the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Jay Beltz, Paul Greer, Thom Hunt, Lillian Mahoney, Roland Morris, Sharon Powell, and Jim Skelly.
- The Board approved the minutes of the February 15 meeting.
- Bache provided a written Treasurer's report. The checking account balance is $4,866.00, while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000. No report has been received from the office. Bache recently paid an additional charge of $915 for custodial services for the 2005 Regional Junior Olympics Meet.
- Hunt reported for Track and Field that the Association Championship will be at 1:00 p.m. May 28, with a schedule similar to 2005. There will be no 10,000 meter run. Whether or not there will be a hammer throw is still undecided. On the weekend between the Distance Carnival on May 13 and the Assocaiation Championships, Steve Scott will be holding a meet with open events at Cal State San Marcos May 20.
- Hunt also stated that he had submitted an article to California Track & Running News about the Association Track & Field Championships and the Distance Carnival.
- Morris reported that the first meet on the 2006 Youth schedule, the Tiger Relays, was rained out. He will be distributing an updated schedule to include meet sites that were TBA.
- Skelly reported that there are currently 80 certified officials. This weekend the officials will be covering overlapping meets, the Aztec Classic and the Bronco Invitational on March 18.
- Shirley gave the registration report. The Association has 908 members for 2006 (638 youth, 102 open, and 168 masters), down 32 from this date in 2005.
- Beltz led a discussion of the upcoming Association banquet. In a change from previous years, Board members will pay $10 to attend. As with previous banquets, awardees and one guest each attend free.
- Hunt recommended that preparation for the 2007 Awards banquet begin after the conclusion of the 2006 banquet. The President noted that this was attempted in 2005, beginning with the February agenda, with little response, but that he will include it as an agenda item for future meetings.
- Greer noted the passing of Ursula Rains on March 13. The San Diego Track Club Board will act next week on a proposal to rename one of their historic cross country races in her memory.
- The Board held an extended discussion during Good and Welfare on a variety of subjects. No business was conducted, but a number of items requiring action were identified.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:08 p.m.