San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
April 15, 1985
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:07 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Hal Bateman, Linda Gorman, Jeff Rigdon, Bill Stock, and Judy Stolpe.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of February 15. In a comment related to the minutes, the President reported that there had been four videorecorder rentals, one at $100 and three at $50.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance is $4405.59, while the certificate of deposit is another $11,000. In addition, approximately $2000 is in an escrow account, on which the AAU has a potential claim. The Chairman outlined the status of the dispute. The Board approved $100 in legal fees to Laurie Olson.
- The Board approved a motion by the Chairman that SDIAC should not get involved in the recent controversy created by a televised editorial about road race finances and the use of police.
- The Board approved a motion by the Chairman recommending that the Long-Distance Running Committees allocate 150% of the amount authorized for 1984 awards to the 1985 award fund. The recommendation includes having the Committees create chances for non-elite runners to win some awards.
- The Board approved a motion by Shirley that for Grand Prix purposes, the last race of the season determines the end of the registration period.
- The Chairman reported on the meeting of the LDR ad hoc committee investigating the dispute between Bob Letson and NRDC. The dispute seems to have been resolved. Currently all certified courses have been reported to NRDC, indirectly.
- The Board approved a motion by the Chairman that he be authorized to spend $766 on a generator, auxiliary videocassette recorder, and sun screen for use at races.
- Shirley presented the Track and Field report for Dixon Farmer. There will be a meeting May 1 to plan the May 24 Association Championships.
- The Chairman reported a conversation with Joe Horn concerning the distinction between fun runs and certified courses.
- The Board approved a motion by Bill Stock authorizing LDR to pay for supplies and clerical expenses to maintain a library of certifications.
- The Chairman designated the Secretary to investigate having the staff maintain a list of registrants on the computer in the TAC office.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:01 p.m.