San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Balboa Park Hall of Champions
October 15, 1997
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:29 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Manny Bautista, Arnie Robinson, Jerome Ross, Jim Skelly, Pam Stewart, Elizabeth Tate, and Jamaul Tate.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of August 20.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance on September 10 was $10,452.75 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- Bernard noted that Robinson is on the ballot for the Track & Field Hall of Fame, but the competition is tough.
- Bernard listed the following as tentative delegates for the National Convention. Coaches include Bautista, Jim Cerveny, Robinson, Stewart, E. Tate and Tracy Sundlun. Active Athletes include Andrew Hermann and Scott Sargeant. Others include Bernard, Shirley, and Skelly.
- Skelly continued the discussion of the coverage of the CIF meets by the Officials Association. There will be midweek prelims and finals on the weekend at two sites, and a masters meet the following weekend.
- Robinson announced that the Association Cross Country Championships would be at Heber November 8.
- Robinson also stated that he is optimistic about a bid for the 2001 National Junior Olympics Track & Field Championships at Mesa College. Mesa will have a new track.
- Bernard announced that the Association Cross Country Championships will be November 1 at Morley Field.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:42 p.m.