San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
February 15, 1985
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Hal Bateman, Kevin Heaton, Henry Manley, Spence Milne, Jeff Rigdon, Bill Stock, and Judy Stolpe.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of October 15.
- Manley returned the $250 check from the October 15 meeting. No clinics were held in Imperial County, since no responses were received after two mailings. The Board unanimously approved a motion by Shirley that SDIAC pay $50 to SDT&FOA for their expenses.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The balance is approximately the same as that reported in December.
- The Board unanimously approved a motion by Stock that the various committees carry unexpended Grand Prix and discretionary funds from 1984 into 1985 budgets, and that the Board recommends that the Long-Distance Running Committee authorizes 110% of the 1984 allocations for 1985 to each division.
- Stock quoted a National Running Data Center publication concerning an apparent disagreement between NRDC and the National TAC Certifier in San Diego. Considerable discussion unhampered by facts confirmed that there was indeed an apparent disagreement between the two parties. The Board referred the item to the LDR Committee.
- The President encouraged attendance by Board members at the induction of Arnie Robinson into the Hall of Champions. The Board approved a motion that the Secretary draft a congratulatory letter to the Gold-medalist.
- The Board approved a motion by Heaton that SDIAC spend $175 to mail 1985 renewal forms and insurance information to all individual and team registrants from 1984.
- The President reported that there has been little interest to date by race directors in renting the videorecorder.
- Stolpe reported that SDIAC has no record of the approximately 2000 TAC national registrations issued in the San Diego area.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:37 p.m.